Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My car is a 2009 Kia Sorento and since 2012 it has been trying

Customer Question

My car is a 2009 Kia Sorento and since 2012 it has been trying to go into*****and failing so causing a very bumpy ride. Everytime I have reported this to my garage they say it is the tyres and I now have new tyres and still have the fault. To my mind it is the sensor which puts it into*****not working properly but the garage says can't find any faults on their computer.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shhantal, I Still need a answer to yy query.

Linda

Hello Linda,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise...

Can you tell me what sort / type of garage has been looking at this issue for you --?

Plus - do you get any fault lights on / flashing at all when you have this issue - ?

Kind Rgds, MIKE.........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, it is a dedicated Kia garage that has been looking at the car. No lights come on the dashboard or flash and when it was put onto the computer at the garage they said there is no fault. I am contacting you for my husband who is also a Mike who worked as a mechanic before he retired and he says he thinks it is the sensor which tell the car when to go into 4 wheel drive that is the problem. The garage says it is mis-matched tyres and to get 4 new ones, we have new tyres which match and are not going to buy 4 more. Every time we ask for it to be fixed they reply with get new tyres! It is so bad now that I get travel sick if we do any long distances and have never had this problem before.