Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Having problems with the heater system on a kia ceed sw on

Having problems with the heater system on a kia ceed sw on a 58 plate now winter has arrived can't seem to get hot air from vents. I have taken the thermostat out and tried it in hot water and it seems to open without any bother the pipe work is hot to touch going around engine but the one that exits the heater matrix is slightly cooler can't really get my head round weather the matrix is bloked or the climate control is playing up cos if I put the heater on full and the recirculating button on the fan seems to pump out slightly warmer pls help!
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing the issue that you are having is not a issue with the heater matrix, the issue is the temperature actuator inside the dash. The actuator is stuck and not switching to hot.