Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

We have a Kia Sorento and since yesterday whilst the lights

Customer Question

We have a Kia Sorento and since yesterday whilst the lights on the dash board work, none of the dials/indicators work ie fuel gauge, spedometer, revs, etc.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not found an answer and will book the vehicle to a service dealer. Do I get my money back as you have been unable to help

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a ground or voltage problem. The most common reason for this to happen is one of the battery cable ends are loose and not making a good connection or the battery and or alternator is failing. The battery and alternator need to be tested as well as the cable ends need to be checked.