Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

GA-fc i have just acquired a

Customer Question

i have just acquired a Sportage 2.00 petrol 4WD on a 2006 plate WV06 FNZ.
The car has covered 63800 miles and has a very good service history.
My question is why when i engage the 4WD and turn to the right the rear offside wheel starts to become hard to turn and ends up locked solid and will not turn until the 4WD
is disengaged.
As soon as i feel any resistance i stop and switch off the 4WD so i don't feel as though
i have done any damage.
I have never had a 4WD before an read the manual but cannot understand why this is
happening, any information would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andy-cssm replied 2 years ago.
"We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/kia/8sgxl-just-acquired-sportage-2-00-petrol-4wd-2006-plate.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
This is the normal function of the 4wd when the vehicle is on a flat surface, the only time this will not happen is when the vehicle is off road. Basically this happens as a design to keep the vehicle from being used in 4wd when it is not needed.