Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Hyundai and Kia tech
29331485

Kia ceed 1.6. Had the emissions light come on this morning.

Customer Question

Kia ceed 1.6. Had the emissions light come on this morning. Car dies if I try to above 40 and into 4th gear. Car stops but can then be restarted. Any ideas? Solutions? Rough cost?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Greg :

hi

Greg :

Did you have the car hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool to check for malfunction codes

Greg :

If not i suggest you have the management system checked for malfunction codes . you may have a bad camshaft sensor but the malfunction code will confirm this or if another issue causing you this problem

Greg :

The cost of having this done is around 1hr shop labor time . if shop has £50 rate, then count on £50 ..

Greg :

If they confirm a bad sensor then depending on the sensor location and time to remove will be the deciding factor .some sensors need only a few minutes and other a lot longer .

Greg :

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating , so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue or offer assistance with another expert .
Rgds Greg