Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Hyundai and Kia tech
29331485

My KIA soul clutch biteing point is about 10 mm from floor

My KIA soul clutch biteing point is about 10 mm from floor tried bleeding it as stated by garage no difference could this be a damaged/ worn pressure plate ?

Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still need help on clutch issue

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still need help on clutch issue, already paid 13 pound the other day but site wants more ???

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If question is closed do I get my money back ?

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi .

If after bleeding the clutch system and the bite is still too hight, then you have a worn clutch disc, the pressure plate is probably still ok ,if you don't have any bad noises then you may just need to be replace the disc.

Can you feel the clutch slip when in 4th gear , driving on clear road press the brake with your left foot and accelerate at the same time with your right foot.and see if the engine wants to stall or start to slip ,if slips you will see the engine revs jump up ,you may need a complete clutch kit,pressure plate ,clutch disc and release bearing . if stalls you may just need a clutch disc that is still gripping.

But when you have the clutch out your mechanic will advise if a kit is needed or just a clutch disc.

please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund, if you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know.

Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no slip what so ever you can put foot down in all gears and pulls great , its just that the biteing point is so low barely have to lift clutch and its bites , cheers

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Ohhh okay .

The clutch pedal can be adjusted from under the dash at the top part of the pedal assembly .

graphic

This will lift or drop the pedal away or to the floor .

Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try this Greg but will it effect level of pedals as all in line at moment

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

If the pedal is in line with the rest then to much adjustment will lower or rise the pedal
and make it uncomfortable.

Was this always like this ,or do you have experience with this car having the bite point higher up .

Here is what the pedal should be set up to .

If you are set up like this then check the master cylinder and slave cylinder for play .

Rgds Greg.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Always been like it since my wife bought it , have tried bleeding it but no difference the only thing I found was when bleeding the clutch the peddle stayed down had to pull it up manually ,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Always been like it since my wife bought it , have tried bleeding it but no difference the only thing I found was when bleeding the clutch the peddle stayed down had to pull it up manually , how do I check slave and master ?

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
How much play do you have when you push down on the pedal ,when do you start to feel pressure.

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It from top the pressure , no play in pedal

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just tried clutch again and def no play or slack and pressure from top till bottom

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

You will probably find your clutch is okay and the bite point on yours is normal .

If there is no slippage then don't worry to much until it starts to slip, then change the clutch..

Better to have it bite low than to high high is more towards a thin clutch plate ..

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Think there a prob somewhere as even with foot on clutch you put it in gear and you can feel a bit of drag

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
With clutch fully depressed you feel drag on the clutch .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Slightly yes and when you put it in gear it slightly jerks forward , no fluid round slave etc bit rusty

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

This is a master cylinder or slave cylinder issue if this is happening ,the clutch is not fully pushing out to disengage the clutch .

First remove the slave cylinder and open up ,check the seals inside, if good clean and replace then do the same with the master cylinder ,if brake fluid was never change in the past then condensation builds up and causes internal damage to the master cylinder and slave cylinder ...

After cleaning then refit and bleed the clutch with new DOT 3 fluid .

If needed replace the master cylinder and slave cylinder .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will see if I can get new seals for it if not I can get a pattern part for £30 12 months warranty

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Good .

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not forgot you Greg the slave cylinder be with me Friday so let you know asap

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
No problem take your time,i'll be here .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just put new slave cylinder on , still same ? I give up lol

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Change the master cylinder, this is all that is left .

How did you bleed the system .

Does the pedal feel spongy

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clutch feels great , and bled system normally is bleed rude and pump pedal , pedal still stays down when bleeding it you have to pull up manually when bleeding

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Do you see any signs of fluid on the inside of the car up by thew clutch pedal .
the back part of the bmaster cylinder ..

When bleeding pump five times, hold pedal down then open bleed nipple, close nipple and pump again five times ,hold pedal open bleed nipple then close release pedal test .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No sign of fluid , am going to re bleed tomorrow also try get plastic cover off that covers the pedals make life easier

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Okay keep me up to date .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The clutch master cylinder ? Thats the part I can see near fluid resiviour and it has a connecting rubber tube ?

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Okay ths is feed from the brake master cylinder, make sure the brake cylinder is full when bleededing the clutch .

Check the connecting tube that its not leaking should be dry .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just looked all OK but may change master cylinder seems straight forward

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Try my system of bleedig first .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again tried that still same ?

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

If you are not loosing fluid ,clutch not slipping ait bleed out of the system ,and the bite point is 10mm then maybe your car is like this .

I would inspect the master cylinder and replace if needed .

When you start to press the clutch down how far does it travel before you feel any resistance ,try with your hand you will get a better feel of it .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clutch lovely to operate just biteing point , still can't understand when bleeding you have to lift clutch manually

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

This is normal on this model, its not a defect.

Not much more one can do but live with this issue ,unles the clutch pedal position is a lot lower than the accelarator ,which mean pedal this may need adjusting .

Rgds Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: Hyundai and Kia tech
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well think I have to live with it , may try master and see how I go