Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Greg, I've got a 2002 kia Sedona and it only starts with

Customer Question

Hi Greg, I've got a 2002 kia Sedona and it only starts with easy start spray. What can I do to make it start all the time?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Greg :

Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,Hi

Greg :

Hi .

Greg :

When it starts with EZ spray is the check engine light ON

Greg :

With it starting this is telling us the ignition side is good but no fuel delivery .

Greg :

You need to check and see if the fuel pump is energizing when you switch on the ignition and crank over the engine

Greg :

If the pump is not working you will then have to see if you have power at the fuel pump in the tank when cranking .

Greg :

if you do replace the fuel pump .

Greg :

If no power check the fuel pump fuse and relay .

Greg :

Check for codes this will help diagnose if any relevant sensors are at fault .

Greg :

Hang on a minute do you have a diesel engine .think i may be mixed up diagnostic are for petrol ..

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Just checking in to see if you still need assistance as i needed to know if you had petrol or a diesel engine .

Rgds Greg