Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Hyundai and Kia tech
29331485

I have a 2012 Kia sportage when you press the button to lock

I have a 2012 Kia sportage when you press the button to lock the car the hazard lights do not flash to show the alarm is set, but the alarm still goes off randomly, when you press the button to unlock the car to stop the alarm the hazard lights flash twice to show the alarm is disarmed. the Kia dealer say that no fault showed up when they put it on the diagnostic machine so there is no fault with the alarm. so how do we stop the alarm going off? any ideas please
Category: Kia
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Take the car to another dealer and ask them to check the live data with there scan tool
this data will let them know which door hood or truck switch caused the alarm to go off .

One of the door switches or truck,hood switch has failed or is not closing fully .
Most common with this is the drivers door switch or hood switch ..

But as said above the system records all data when the alarm goes off will let you know which door was opened ,if the switch is bad will also show which switch has failed ..

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating , so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue or offer assistance with another expert .
Rgds Greg