Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Where is the turbo on a Kia Rio, why was it whistling, and

Customer Question

where is the turbo on a Kia Rio, why was it whistling, and what can i do to get it working again, as it's now not whistling or apparently working (top speed 40 mph).
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
To be able to advise you accurately - I need to know exactly what engine you have -
If you can give me the vehicles Full reg number - that will be helpful too -
Rgds, MIKE............................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Engine is 1.52 diesel, car registrations is FV06 RC. Don't know how else to specify engine.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again -
Thank you for your reply / info.. Im afraid the reg number you have given me isn't correct - there is a letter missing..so I cant go off that ..
So basically - the turbo is right down the back of the engine - connected to the inlet manifold basically - that's the best way to describe / help you ID it - It is not at all easy to see - let alone get at.. You have to remove the top plastic engine cover to even see it - then its a fair major engine strip to get at it / replace if needed.. but it answer to your question - thats where its located on the diesel engine.
Let me know if you need anything further on this at all -
---- Meantime - Please do click on the Exc / Ok rating for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
All the very best -
Rgds, MIKE.