Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Car reg. LA 06 XSR. Brakes recently serviced, but shortly after

Customer Question

Car reg. LA 06 XSR. Brakes recently serviced, but shortly after I could tell something wasn’t right and so I took the car to be checked.
With the engine running, handbrake off, they raised the car on a centre support ramp and all four wheels were locked. When the ramp was lowered it was possible to drive the car off the ramp, but when the mechanic tried to push the car he couldn’t.
However when he switched the engine off the brakes released and it was easy to push the car. He then turned the engine on again, pumped the brakes a few times and again the brakes failed to release. I know there have been some problems with the maintenance of the braking system-could you please advise of a likely cause.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome.
My name is ***** ***** Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question.
As there has been a wait - please tell me if you do still need help with this issue - If so, we can then now carry on.
Kind Rgds, MIKE......................