Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I fitted a new stereo to my sorento and now the A/C comes on

Customer Question

I just attempted to fit an after market stereo (JVC) to my 04 plate sorento. I was a straight forwards unplug and plug back in again. All went well. The new stereo work and everything seemed happy. After 5 minutes I pushed the head unit back into the facia a tiny fraction more in order to make the plastic surround fit. At this point the stereo stopped working. In addition, now I have a range of electrical faults that have now turned up. When I put the key in the warning bing no longer bings (I am not complaining really but it is a symptom, hence the reason I mention it.) When I turn the ignition on to preheat the A/C comes on full belt. I can turn it off but can no longer control the fan. It is either full on or full off. Also the clock no doesn't work and to top it all, neither the old or new radio works. Just discovered that the central locking doesn't either now

Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?