Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I tow a caravan after about an hour driving the Sedona

Hi, I tow a caravan after about an hour driving the Sedona changes down to 2nd? gear and won't change up. If I stop it will drive ok for a short while. I understand other people have had this happen. the Sedona drives well wit out the caravan.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** *****
These symptoms are usually a sign of either low or bad transmission fluid - -so have that checked - or, its overheating when towing.
If the latter is the case - proven by the fact that the fluid is ok as above - then you need to consider having an oil cooler system fitted to the transmission - you would need to get specialist advice on that - Suppliers / fitters can be found on the web / google etc or local to yourself if you have any locally.
Best Rgds, MIKE.
------------->>> Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
..