Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My 03 kia has little drive when starting out. good 200m

Customer Question

my 03 kia has little drive when starting out. for a good 200m it only just moves [unless going downhill!] and produces black smoke from exhaust. None of my mecanics seem to be able to find the solution. Perhaps you can help?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have the car booked in for Tuesday but any ideas you can provide would be welcome. Thanks

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running .
Was the system checked for malfunction codes .
When blowing black smoke then you are running rich this is an indication of the engine getting too much fuel or not enough air .
Which Kia and engine size do you have..
Rgds Greg