Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Kia Sorento 64 reg. Intermittently I have great trouble

Customer Question

I have a Kia Sorento 64 reg. Intermittently I have great trouble moving the gear lever into gear, it takes considerable force, but doesn't make any unusual noise. The problem slowly resolves once driving.
It has been to the dealer 3times but is ok there, so they want to take the whole gearbox to pieces at my expense, and will only accept the blame if they find a mechanical fault. The implication is that it is my driving that has caused it
Category: Kia
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue. It has been suggested that it might be a slave cylinder leak, but Kia won't commit themselves, possibly as they are suggesting that it is my driving style to blame.
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response. The issue that you are having is consistent with a failed or failing clutch release bearing, this bearing sits on the shaft of the transmission, the gearbox has to be removed in order to replace this. This is a pretty common issue.