Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

There, I have just bought a Kia Sedona and noticed the

Customer Question

Hello there, I have just bought a Kia Sedona and noticed the engine light coming on at about 55mph going up a slight incline on the motorway. When I eased of the accelerator the engine light went out. This happened a number of times but I did not notice a reduction in power.
Have you any suggestions to the possible cause?
Kind regards,
Julian
Category: Kia
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello On any car if you get a check engine light or other fault light this typically means one or more of the sensors has failed or has a faulty connection. The fault can be something quite simple and nothing that’s going to stop the car to something quite major that will reduce engine power and possibly stop the engine The ECU senses this and may put the car into 'limp home' mode which typically limits the revs and the amount of power available. Usually the car is safe to drive for a short distance as the mode is intended is intended to get you home without incurring any engine damage The quickest route to repair is to have the car plugged into a diagnostic machine which will read off the fault code stored in the ECU (providing the light is still on at this point) and indicate which sensor has failed or whether the fault is more serious. You can do a very rough and ready check yourself by unplugging sensors one at a time and seeing if any of them change the driving condition which would indicate the most recently unplugged sensor is the faulty one. This method is not foolproof though and reading a fault code off is the better method. from your description I'd say that this is likely to be a major sensor such as the MAF ( mass airflow sensor) on the intake pipe but really its well worth getting the diagnostic done as you don't want to be spending hundreds of pounds on sensors based on scanty data
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I was looking for specific information about likely problems with. Kia Sedona. Your answer was exactly what I already knew. I know a lot about cars and how to problem solve them. I paid for immediate advice specifically for Kia sedona
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please note that I had already determined the likely cause via google soon after I requested help from this site and long before your general answer. I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE ASSISTANCE FROM YOU.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
fair enough
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund