Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Hyundai and Kia tech
29331485

Some mornings my kia Sedona won't start on diesel but give

Some mornings my kia Sedona won't start on diesel but give it a very small sqwert of easy start and away she goes and she's fine all day. I've been told it might be diesel running back what do you think? Thanks Kevin.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks Kevin.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kevin .

What year is your Sedona .

Need to know if you have the later model or the older system with the Fuel filter with primmer pump fitted .

Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg, sorry for the delay in in my reply, my Sedona is 2005 and it has a fuel filter with a separate balloon type primer next too it and there are 3 rubber pipes going into the top regards Kevin.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kevin .

Few issue will cause a hard start in the morning is as you said fuel return to tank and glow plugs .

To check do the following .

In the morning pump the primmer until hard then try and start ,if she starts a lot faster than normal

then you have a bad primmer .its letting fuel return to the tank over night .

Second on the glow plugs on the following day when the car has stood another 8 hrs .

Using a test light switch on the ignition with the test light connected to the glow plugs .

on a cold morning the test light should glow for 10 - 15 seconds ,(this depends on engine temp)

if it only comes on for a few seconds then you will need to diagnose why .

If this is the case with the glow plugs then please get back to me .

Kindest regards Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg sorry I can't rate your performance yet as I'm still awaiting the new part too arrive regards Kevin.