Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

How can you slacken handbrake to remove discs to replace.

Customer Question

how can you slac***** *****dbrake to remove discs to replace. aperture in centre console is too small even for a ratchet spanner
Category: Kia
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

you don't mention what make and model of car this is but often there's a small access hole in the hub face of the disc at the bottom into which you poke a flat blade screwdriver to move a little star / gear wheel which turns a screw / threaded bar and so winds the handbrake shoes back to allow the discs to come off

Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you