Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

The left hand side indicator is not working but the right

Customer Question

The left hand side indicator is not working but the right hand side is and it makes a quicker noise when u put the left signal on and it's not showing up on the dash like it does with the right was wondering what was up with it and is it going to be an expensive fix
Category: Kia
Expert:  Oleksandr-Mod replied 4 months ago.
Oleksandr
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandr
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
still need help with this problem
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

apologies for the wait

when you have 1 side operating faster than the other side then its likely you have 1 bulb on the 'fast' side thats failed or a faulty earth connection on that side

So I'd 1st check round the vehicle to see which if any of the lights on the 'fast' side is inoperative and then replace the bulb in that light

if all the lights are coming on then it means there's a poor earth somewhere or possibly a bulb thats starting to fail or one that has a corroded holder

so I'd begin by checking each of the bulbs on the 'fast' side and ensuring the bulb socket is clean and bright with some emery paper

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you