Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I HAVE A kIA CARENS 2 00 CRDI DIESAL 2007, WHEN I PUT MY

Customer Question

I HAVE A kIA CARENS 2 00 CRDI DIESAL 2007, WHEN I PUT MY FOOT DOWN IT TAKES AWHILE TO PICK UP SPEED COULD THIA BE THE EGR OR TURBO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi..there..

EGR spray without removal of the unit itself doesnt tend to work very good in my experiance..if an EGR problem is occuring.then it best to remove it and clean it by hand with carb cleaner,brake cleaner what ever incase it stuck shut or open with soot,carbon build up..have you checked the the air filter..incase its fouled up..sometimes ive seen oil residue on air filter on them and this can effect the MAF sensor..thats just sits on the oulet tube from your airfilter box..you'll note the plug connector going to it..remove that and get some Mass air flow cleaner..and spray inside to the opposite direction of air flow..use a small cotton bud and very carefully and lightly clean the small sensor inside..let it dry off and then refit..and see if that changes anything...I can see it being turbo related unless the turbo is actually making a whining noise or your cars producing alot of black smoke out the back...of course other things outside of that..for example wearing clutch,binding brakes might be soemthing to looking to if all else is ruled out..if any wanring lights are on curently..then see what fault codes you have....hope this helps