Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a sorento 2007 2.5 diesel it has no pulling power and

Customer Question

Hi I have a sorento 2007 2.5 diesel it has no pulling power and can judder when going from 1st to 2nd gear I have had it serviced but still losing power on inclines can you help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi I posted my question 2hrs ago can you update me please
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

do you have any check engine lights on ? if so then it'd be best to plug in a scan tool to pull off the code

I'd also check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.

then also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly

If its a variable vane turbo (they’ll be an actuator on the turbo body - but not a wastegate) then check its vacuum pipework as above and check the connections to the diaphragm / solenoid valve

Also worth checking that the glow-plug relay is switching off as they can stick on and leave the glow plugs also on - on some cars this can force it into limp home