Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

What is the most likely cause of a fault code of P1693 code

Customer Question

What is the most likely cause of a fault code of P1693 code on a Kia 1.5 crdi thanks
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have the code P1693 up on my Kia Rio 1.5 crdi what traceable steps do I follow to check rack possible cause of this fault code ie check connection at point b or check wiring to component x
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 19 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This is a fault code for the security system with a fault with the theft transponder in your vehicle.This would need to be diagnosed and tested further to verify that the transponder needs replaced which is usually the most likely cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete