Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Our 2014 kia venga made a loud noise when driving and now

Customer Question

Our 2014 kia venga made a loud noise when driving and now wont go over 20mph with awful noise. I first thought a tyre had burst
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I meant to add its an automatic
Expert:  Matt replied 16 days ago.

1st check all the engine fluids, oil coolant, power steering and brakes

and check the condition of the drive belt too

I'd also for worn drive shaft joints - typically these won't produce any vibration unless badly damaged but they can be noisy or 'clonk' for a long time beforehand, turn the steering to full lock and look at the drive-shaft rubber boot there should be no rips or tears in it and the suspension should be clean and dry of any grease. If you reverse at a reasonable speed with the steering on full lock a worn joint will 'click'.

Expert:  Matt replied 12 days ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you