Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Kia Sorento XS 2005 2.5 Diesel. Rear window heater and door

Customer Question

Kia Sorento XS 2005 2.5 Diesel. Rear window heater and door mirror heaters not working.
Would this be a fuse or relay. And if so,where are they located
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Further to my first message.The electrician said he didn't think it was a faulty relay as it was marked DEF(Defroster) and as there is a separate Defrost switch which turns on the aircon and wiper defrosters (and these both seem to be working) he didn't know if this relay also contolled the heated rear window and heated mirrors.He seemed to think there must be a separate fuse or relay somewhere.Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 24 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately my info isnt showing any locations of the fuses and relays on this model here. I would check all fuses for any blown fuse issues needing replaced.If all fuses are checked and found to be o.k. then next you will need to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set then those codes diagnosed and repaired.This may have shorted out a control unit/ecu causing this fault needing replaced.All fuses need checked and fault codes checked to help locate the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete