Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 2005 Sorento, the 12 volt socket in the dash plus

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I have a 2005 Sorento, the 12 volt socket in the dash plus the one in front of the rear seats have stopped working, I've looked at the fuse box and that seems ok, is there a relay that Ive missed, and if so where is it hidden please?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 24 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually this is due to a blown fuse.The fuse may be labeled power outlet or accessory power or cigar.Make sure you have checked all fuses in all fuse panels for any that are blown needing replaced.If you are sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
As I said in my question, I have checked the fuses in the box in the cabin, plus the ones in the box under the bonnet, they were fine but I changed them anyway, was wondering if there is a relay somewhere I had missed, any help would be useful.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 12 days ago.

The rear power outlet is powered by the 30 amp P/outlet or P/sck fuse.The front outlet is powered by the 15 amp R/Cigar fuse.If either of these are blown this causes this fault here.

These are in the passenger under dash fuse panel as shown below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wykhowxiohel768/c-12-01.gif?dl=0

Now there is a 40 amp BTN 1 fuse that powers the Power outlet relay.If this fuse is blown it will cause this fault.

This fuse is located in the under hood fuse panel between the Head Lo relay and F/BLW relay as shown below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb6ynopyccgxfv7/b-12-01.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete