Nick H.
Nick H., Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Support all types of laptop for more than 12 years.
63271161

My laptop is not working

Customer Question

Hi,I have an acer aspire 5532 which doesn't appear to be working.when I switch the power button you can here it try to power up for about 3 seconds and then it quietens,the blue light renains on but nothing is happening at all.also the screen remains blank,any ideas???many thanks,joolz I have paid my money but still don't have an answer hours later pls can someone contact me
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is Nick and I will help you today.

I am sorry for the delay.

Please remove battery and Power adapter. Locate the memory panel. Open it up and remove the memory sticks. Press on Power button for 30 seconds.

Then put memory sticks back. Connect to Power adapter only. Turn it on. Does it boot normally? Or still the same?

If not working, this could be a video card / system board failure. When and where did you purchase your laptop?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, did what u said to do but still having the same problem with it not booting up...I bought it from tesco's about 2 and a half years ago,anything else you can advise me on?thanks
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
From what we tested we will need to replace the system board. However it might be costly so it is more reasonable to buy a new laptop as the cost would almost be the same.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Nick