Cris
Cris, Computer Expert
Experience:  7 yrs experience with laptop troubleshooting and repair.
10156100

how do I get my printer back on line when it keeps saying

Customer Question

how do I get my printer back on line when it keeps saying it s offline
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

What opearting system is your computer using? XP, Vista or Windows 7?

How does your printer connect to your PC? USB?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi oprerating system is windows 7, printers wireless

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
OK,

Please unplug the power from the back of the printer and leave it out for 30 seconds. Plug it back in and turn your printer on.

Then on your PC click the windows logo start button, in the search box type in services.msc and hit enter. The services window will appear, scroll down to print spooler and right click on it.

Click on Restart and then after the restart check to see if the printer is back online.

Let me know the outcome. Reply back to me BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Hi Trevor,

Your message was blank. How did you make out?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I got to print spool pressed restart ,the windows bar came on for about 3 seconds and kept going off

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Yes in the top left you will see a bar which restarts the print spooler it goes very quickly.

Did the printer go back online?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

now when I pressed print the print box came on but the status said decline- offline

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Can we do a remote session so I can take a look at the issue?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Please use the link to reach join.me when you reach the site click on the orange play button on the left side to start a meeting.

You will be prompted to download and run the software. When it is done, at the top of your screen you will have a join.me window with a 9-digit session number. Please reply back to me with the number so I can join.

Click here>>>http://join.me