Bryan
Bryan, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Old and new laptops. I repair and refurbish them all. I know the inner workings very well.
59162784

I have an acer aspire one netbook running windows xp,when it

Customer Question

I have an acer aspire one netbook running windows xp,when it is turned on the screen toggles between the acer start up page and the windows xp boot up up page but it will not start, I have pressed F8 during start but none of the menu options work.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

JBryan42 :

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Bryan and I will be assisting you today. Please do not rate this session until it has been completed.

JBryan42 :

Do you have a usb flash disk of at least 4gb that you can reformat and use?

JACUSTOMER-bkrtea1n- :

Yes, I only have limited computer tech skills

JBryan42 :

hmmm ... ok, so if I were to give you a url for a repair disk, would you know how to unzip the file and open the instructions to copy it to the flash drive?

JACUSTOMER-bkrtea1n- :

I'm not sure, for instance is flash drive the same as a usb stick, I have a Kingston version

JBryan42 :

Yes. Same thing.

JACUSTOMER-bkrtea1n- :

I'm happy to give it a go

JBryan42 :

Ok. Give me a minute.

JBryan42 :

Alright. You'll want to download this file: Hiren's Boot CD 15.2

When it's done downloading, unzip the file. The instructions to copy it your Kingston are included in the zip file. After you have created a usb boot drive, you can boot from the usb drive and choose Mini-XP. From there you will find the options to repair the booting of your Windows drive.

You can ask me more questions if your not sure what to do after you boot into Mini-XP. But this part is going to take awhile so I'll step out until you need me. Ok?

JACUSTOMER-bkrtea1n- :

Thanks for your help I will keep you informed but I may run out of time.

JBryan42 :

No problem. You can always come back and ask more questions even after giving a rating.

JBryan42 :

Goog luck. And please don't forget to ask for me if you need anything at all.