Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I can repair laptop hardware as well as softwware.
29701876

I have just had my PB notebook returned after a complete overhaul.

Customer Question

I have just had my PB notebook returned after a complete overhaul. I have lost all my data but, even worse, the notebook is behaving differently. When putting text on I cannot get the window correctly. Instead of getting a full window I get about three lines of text and have to keep moving backwards and forwards to read what I have just recorded.

Is this my fault or is it the machine? I need to know how I can correct it. Also I still cannot operate the memory stick when trying to transfer data to my PC for printing. Please can you help.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Is this PB notebook running Windows XP, Vista or 7?
Also, can you please tell me which window are you referring to where you only see 3 lines of text? Is it MS Word window? Or is it an email window?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My notebook is running WINDOWS 7

tHE WINDOW REFERRED TO IS IN wORD

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Sheila,

Thank you for writing back. So you are saying that when you open MS Word, the window is too huge that you only see 3 lines of text? It is maximized already where the window fit the whole screen?

Also, can you capture a scren shot and send it to me?

If you can capture a scren shot for me and attach the image here when you reply, I would highly appreciate it. The links below can be helpful:

How to capture a screen shot
How to share files like a screen shot

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am unable to follow your instructions. There is no snipping tool on my notebook.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Sheila,

Since you are using Windows 7, I believe you have the snipping tool to capture screen shots. Click on Start, then in the search box, type snipping, you shall see Snipping tool in the results. Click on it to open it. Here is my screen shot:

Also, you can capture a screen shot using the Print Screen button as described in the link I gave you.

Please give it another try and let me know your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not feel I am getting anywhere with my problem so wish to cancel. I would be grateful if you would return my deposit.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Sheila,

Thank you for writing back. I am sorry if I was not able to help. However, do you want a computer expert to access your computer remotely and fix the problem? If you want that approach, please let me know so that other experts with remote access can try to help you here.

Please confirm if you want a remote access session or if you want to cancel the question.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would prefer to get somebody to come to the house to diagnose my problem and show me how to get it right. Thank you.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Sheila,

Thank you for writing back. I understand your concern. I will now consider this question closed.

Best regards,
Jess