Jamston
Jamston, Laptop Legend
Experience:  I have many years experience dealing with all levels of laptop servicing and maintenance. Mac & PC
75685951

Last week I took delivery of a Lenovo B590. serial number

Customer Question

Last week I took delivery of a Lenovo B590.
serial number WB12308887.
At first all worked well , including emails and my Kodak printer.
Now I cannot send or receive emails and my printer only worked after I used my CD , as supplied with printer.
I am very disappointed and need urgent assistance or my money back.
Today I have spent several hours trying to reset PC .
Still no joy .
Furthermore I keep being asked for a Microsoft identity.
No idea what that is . Microsoft no help .
Can you please help ?
My phone number is XXXXX
I am available after 10 AM most mornings . Currently recovering from ankle replacement surgery . Hence late start.
Regards XXXXX
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jamston replied 3 years ago.

Jamston :

Hi Len, my names Jamie and I will try and help you today. First a couple of questions from me so as to ascertain the nature of your problem. How are you trying to send emails, who is your email provider and what program are you using to send and receive emails? Is the problem with both sending and receiving or is it just one way? As for the printer, do I understand that you have resolved this problem by using the software supplied on CD with the printer?

JACUSTOMER-lfgg0s49- :

Hi Jamie, I try to receive emails by clicking on "MAIL" logo . Windows 8.1.

JACUSTOMER-lfgg0s49- :

My provider is Virgin Media. Yes I appear to have resolved the printer problem by installing supplied software , albeit it worked at first prior to that . I am surprised that my warranty does not cover these problems . I have only had PC for less than a fortnight.

JACUSTOMER-lfgg0s49- :

Currently using old PC to send and receive these messages.

Jamston :

Have you gone through the setup program when clicking mail and entered your details, your email address and password namely?