Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I had not used my Acer Aspire V5 laptop for two weeks and when

Customer Question

I had not used my Acer Aspire V5 laptop for two weeks and when I tried to log in to open proceedings I got the message "you can't sign in to your PC at the moment. Go to accountlive.com to fix the problem, or try the last password XXXXX used on this PC". Since I have not had the laptop very long there is not another password XXXXX I can use. Also how on earth am I supposed to go to "accountlive.com" when I cannot open the computer! I am sending you this message via a different computer on the premises.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Computer Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Does this laptop have windows 8? Do you remember your Microsoft account / email address? Do you need any data / file on this laptop? On the working computer, can you go to the website http://account.live.com , and sign in your microsoft account / email address?

Viet - Computer Tech :

If that does not work, at the log in screen, press & hold the Shift key on your keyboard, then click on the Power icon, then click on Restart, then until a menu appears, then release the Shift key, then select the Troubleshoot / refresh... option.

Viet - Computer Tech :

It looks like you are away, please reply back when you are available to continue. Thank you,