Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Locked out of system laptop R519 can access wifes login but

Customer Question

Locked out of system laptop R519 can access wife's login but unable to access administrator access to set new path and delete previous? NP-519-JA06-UK Service Tag Number is XXXXX follows :- ZNPD93ASC0006N. Can you help no reset disc available ?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Computer Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you confirm it has windows 7? Can you back up the data on your wife's account? Is it okay if we reset the laptop? Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: Don't bother as I can't back up and spent £28 for nothing !
Viet - Computer Tech :

I'm sorry, don't worry, we guarantee our service. What do you mean? Do you need any data on your wife's login?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Do you have a USB drive that you can copy / transfer any file you need to the usb drive?

Customer: I have a external hard drive but cannot access administrator level to reset to previous access
Viet - Computer Tech :

I understand. First, do you need any data from your wife's account?

Viet - Computer Tech :

If yes, then transfer those data to the external hard drive first

Viet - Computer Tech :

Also, do you need any data / files on the administrator account? Or is it okay if we just reset the laptop?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Are you still there?

Customer: Reset the laptop it's online on megslinwood @ hotmail.co.uk
Viet - Computer Tech :

I'm not sure what you mean. Does your Samsung have laptop 7? What is the email address for?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Please just follow my instructions. Do you need any file, such as document, picture, etc. from your wife's login on the samsung laptop?

Customer: Windows 7 and laptop is on line using wife's login not mine as I cannot get logged on that's the problem
Viet - Computer Tech :

I know the problem as you already told me previously. My question is Do you need any file, such as document, picture, etc. from your wife's login on the samsung laptop?

Customer: No
Viet - Computer Tech :

OK. Is there any file, such as document, picture, etc. in your login (not your wife's login)?

Viet - Computer Tech :

that you need?

Customer: No as everything is on Lacie ext hard drive if I. Could have accessed my login etc I could reset to a prior period
Viet - Computer Tech :

Great. Please turn off the samsung laptop, then turn it back on, then press the key F4 when the Samsung computer logo appears on the screen, then do a restore

Viet - Computer Tech :

Are you able to get to the Restore menu?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Are you able to get to the Restore menu? Do a Complete Restore.

Customer: Gettin there
Viet - Computer Tech :

OK, let me know if you have any question during the restore process.

Customer: Thank you my saviour have a quiet night
Viet - Computer Tech :

You're welcome. Thank you for your patience. After complete restoring, it will let you set up a new password XXXXX want. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit / OK when it shows up. Thank you,