IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

my fujitsu Lifebook is not starting up. it turns on. tells

Customer Question

my fujitsu Lifebook is not starting up. it turns on. tells me it failed to start and keeps running through the same process of trying to restart itself again. help pleae?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  DroidZombie replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, my name is Paul and I'll be assisting you.

Just a couple questions first.

1. can you give me the model number of your laptop? It should be on the underside of the laptop.

2. What version of Windows are you running? Vista, 7, 8?

3. Do you have either a recovery disk or Windows disk?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi the model number is: H531 And it has windows 7,

I have no disc. thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

It seems that something has happened to boot files which are needed to properly load Windows 7. Since you have Windows 7, you can fix the problem easily.

First, restart your computer and then keep pressing the F8 key rapidly until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu which looks like this:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Once you see that menu, select the Repair Your Computer option and press Enter. Wait for a while and follow the on-screen instructions. You should get to the window that has several repair options, including Startup Repair, as shown on this image:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

So, click on Startup Repair which should fix all found startup problems.

Once it has finished, your computer should restart and operate normally.

However, if it is still the same, repeat the instructions to go back to the System Recovery Options window, but now select System Restore:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

When you click on System Restore, follow the on-screen instructions where you can choose one restore point based on a date to revert system settings back to that date (when all worked fine). Wait for the process to finish and it will automatically restart a computer. Hopefully, the problem will be gone. Don't worry about your personal files as they won't be affected by System Restore.

I hope this helps! If not, let me know and I will check further options.

Regards,
IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hi again!

Several days have passed since I provided an answer here, and you haven't replied, I would like to know if my answer helped or you still require assistance.

If you do, don't hesitate to reply any time.

If my answer was helpful, please use one of the smiley buttons next to my answer to rate the service I provided. Rating won't cost you anything extra, and it is a way to thank me for helping you.

Thanks!
IT Miro