Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

a friend of mine has asked me to look at heracer 5620z will

Customer Question

a friend of mine has asked me to look at heracer 5620z will not connect to a wfi network, it wants me to press the configuration button on the access point but i cant find it and thers no link to it anywhere . i have tried clicking on the pop up link to connect using the password XXXXX an alternative but when you put the password XXXXX it just ages and then says it cant, any ideas ?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jo! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was this laptop working previously with the current modem/router device? Please try the following:

1. Please disconnect the power cord from the modem / router for a few minutes, then reconnect.

2. Please click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device manager, then click on the + (plus) sign in front of Network adapters and right-click on each of the items under it and click on Uninstall and confirm (but don't delete the driver when prompted). Then restart the computer, and it will automatically reinstall.

3. Next, please click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator. Then type each of the command lines below, one line at a time, and press the Enter key each time:

netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt

Then restart the computer and see if you can connect / enter the password. If you or your friend does not know the exact wireless password XXXXX security key (it is case-sensitive), please let me know.

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thats great thanks but im stuck at second point under computer i cant see where manage is, sorry this is not my pc

You're welcome. Per my steps, please right-click on Computer (not left-click), then you will see Manage. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

got that and got up to start but under accessories there is no command prompt ?

Sorry, that is strange. Does this laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

vista

i can see

calculator

paint

remote desk top

sound recorder etc etc

Open Computer, then C: drive, then folder Windows, then system32, then right-click on the cmd file, then click on Run as administrator.

Then type each of the command lines below, one line at a time, and press the Enter key each time:

netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok got through all of that and its still coming up with a pop up saying Press configuration point on the access point before starting .

when you hover over the connection icon in bottom right it says

Connection status unknown

The dependency service ot group failed to start

whilst i was going through your commands one of them seemed to fail not sure whether releavnt but it said

no operation can be performed on wireless network connection whilst media disconnected

No operation cab be performed on local area connection ...

an error occured while releasing interface loopbackn.....

Sorry about that.

Please try this first: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then check.

If that does not work, please press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on your keyboard, then type services.msc then click OK

, then look for these items:

WLAN AutoConfig

Network Location...

Network Store...

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

, then let me know its Status and Startup Type.

By the way, if you connect an Ethernet/network cable from the laptop to the modem/router, does internet work via wired/ cable connection?

1. If that does not work, please press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on your keyboard, then type msconfig then click OK
, then make sure option Normal startup is selected, then click OK, then restart the laptop and see if you can connect to wireless.

2. If that still does not work, please press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on your keyboard, then type services.msc then click OK, then look for / open each of the items in the order below:

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Network Store Interface Service
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
WLAN AutoConfig

, then make sure its Startup type: option is set to Automatic, then click on Apply, then click on Start

, then check. Restart the laptop if needed.

Please reply below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

network location services will not start when i press it it comes up with pop up saying

windows could not start NLAwareness on local computer for more info visit system event log . if this is non micosoft service , contact service vendor and refer to service specific error code XXXXXXXXXX /p>

1. Please try: Open Computer, then C: drive, then folder Windows, then system32, then right-click on the cmd file, then click on Run as administrator
, then type sfc /scannow then press Enter, then wait until it's done, then check. If needed, restart the compute, and check.

2. If that does not work, please try this again: press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on your keyboard, then type services.msc then click OK, then look for / open each of the items in the order below:

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Network Store Interface Service
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
WLAN AutoConfig

, then check. Restart the laptop if needed, then check.

3. If it still does not work, please do this again: Open Computer, then C: drive, then folder Windows, then system32, then right-click on the cmd file, then click on Run as administrator
, then type each of the command lines below, one line at a time, and press the Enter key each time:

netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt

Then check.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did all the first section and fine but still didnt work

tried second section but the remote access connection manager was set to manual - i changed it to automatic but when i pressed start and apply the error message pop up is Error 1068 the deoendency servuce or group failed to start

i didnt think there was any point in carrying on through the list ?

I'm sorry, the laptop's network is corrupted. Can you back up any file you want to keep on the laptop to a USB drive

Then turn off the laptop, then turn it back on, then press at the same time the two keys Alt and F10 when the computer logo (or the first thing) that appears on the screen in order to do a system recovery.