Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

had notification of unusual acitivie on my e mail and suggested

had notification of unusual acitivie on my e mail and suggested i re log in and change my password every time i entered my e mail address it kept saying wrong i am middle 70 so please help
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your email issue. Can you please tell me your email provider or the domain name part of your email address? Is it @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, or @gmail.com?

Also, are you using Windows XP. Vista, 7 or 8?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

bt yahoo xp

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ian,

Thank you for writing back with that information. So is your problem email address ending with @yahoo.com?

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my proper email address is @btinternet.com but it will not accept

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Ian,

Thank you for that confirmation. In this case, since you are no longer able to access your @btinternet.com email account because the password XXXXX XXXXX the very first option for you is to RESET your account password.

To do so, please click on this link:
https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/load_page?page=/selfhelp/pwdRst_username.html

In that page, enter the part of your email address before teh @ sign, then select the rightdomain. In your case, it is @btinternet.com.

Then select Next.

Then follow the on screen wizard and you shall be able to set a new password XXXXX the verification process.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess