IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I am unable to get to my home page which is Google Chrome,

I am unable to get to my home page which is Google Chrome, they say I should not be going through the internet. I am not, but I still unable to get to gmail.com, at one point I had 96 messages because I could not get to read any of them. I will shortly be buying a new lap-top as this one is old 5 or 6 years, Windows Basic. I am getting Windows 8. will this new one have all the details come up again, or will I be able to get rid of them, especially if I change my Home Page to some-one else?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Regardless of the computer you use, all your e-mails and contacts will always be available by logging into your GMail account.

To do that, you can click on THIS LINK.

If the home page has been changed in Google Chrome, you can easily revert to the page you want. Here are the instructions on how to do that:

1. Start Google Chrome

2. Click on the customization button (button with 3 lines located in the upper right corner) and then click on Settings

3. When the Settings window opens, first check the On startup option. If you want to have one or more web pages automatically open when you start Google Chrome, select Open a specific page or set of pages. and then click on Set pages. Change or set new startup pages and click OK

4. Next, under the Appearance, you can set your home page and activate the Home page button by checking the Show Home button. Set the desired Home page by clicking on Change

That should be it! You can exit Google Chrome and re-start it to verify that the home page has been successfully changed.

If there is anything else I can do you for, let me know.

Regards,
IT Miro