Richard, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Hi, I have a compaq presario 2500. when i turn it on i have

Customer Question

Hi, I have a compaq presario 2500. when i turn it on i have a RUNDLL message box that says

- error loading C:\WINDOWS\mcrmos.dll
the specidied module could not be found

i also get the found new hardware wizard to install software for
- PCI1410 CardBus controller.
when i click next (on auto) it tells me i need the file 'pseries.sys' on Pseries driver cdrom or browse >windir>\system32\drivers folder is needed.

however my usb ports dont seem to work. i do not have the cd neither and no internet connection on the laptop. is there any tools i can download and somehow try?

i look forward to some help
thank you, sophie
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please Sophie when this problem started?

And which version of windows are you running?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry, im not to sure if you have received my reply? but itsmicrosoft xp home edition sp3 version 2002

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
only this reply sorry

I needed to know please when this problem first started.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

about 2-3 years ago. i just got a new work laptop i could use at home so it wasnt an emergency. i was trying to find the driver for my projector on the laptop and a pseries or sys.path message (sorry i cant remember exactly) came up for the first time. it still connected to the internet and the usb ports still worked (i had my phone and pc companion on at the time). a friand had borrowed it for a weekend shortly after i last used it to check her facebook and emails and she had troubles connecting to the internet. i hope this helps

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Click Start, Run and type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.

Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"

Then click Disable All

Click ok, restart and let me know if you still get the error for

error loading C:\WINDOWS\mcrmos.dll
the specidied module could not be found

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you. we had a power cut this afternoon so the laptop shut unxepectedly. when i turned it on i had the black start up screen, i started windows normally and had to find pseries and RECONFIG again. the last time i went on, i did not have to reconfig but had to find pseries again. the wizards are still not working i think because i cant make an internet connection. it recognises the G-Linkair but that is it, it doesnt operate it. nor usb devices still, it recongnises them and acknowledges hardware but nothing. i dont know what has been done to my connection settings (im normally quite capable of establishing internet connections) i think it has to do with the drivers and could be that i need to update system but i cant without a connection.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
if you have any ideas they would be most welcome. i have my sons netbook here at the moment so i could download software or a repair program?? if you know of any good ones??

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, did you do my previous instructions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i dont have the error loadingC:\WINDOWS\mcrmos.dll message coming up anymore which is great thank you. the pseries file i have to go and get manually and other usbus are recognised as hardware but no software runs for the device. do you think if i somehow update windows, drivers etc the wizard would sort of 'troubleshoot me' thro? only because i dont really have the balls to do it myself. the laptop isnt prompting me or doing anything for itself (if that makes sense) i dont like to mess around or make changes to its settings or system and files inc. thank you for your time and previous solution. i had seen it said to run config on hp website (under 2506presario) but it is so confusing because theres too much info for me

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

The issue is likely your missing drivers.

Can you go to the link below

Click me to view

Download all drivers listed there.

When complete, tell me if you are still having the problems please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you should i try get a ethernet cable and connect laptop to broadband so ist done from laptop or do you mean i save them to a disk and try install on the laptop?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Either is ok, but the easiest may be to save them to disk and copy them over.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if its ok with you i'll install them on the laptop tomorrow when my heasd feels a bit fresher?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sounds great, best to do that as we do not want to make more problems if your tired.

Have a nice sleep and let me know how it goes tomorrow.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi there, my laptop is actually 2506eu when i look on the product info sticker underneath but it says 2500 on the logo at the front should i see about downloading those instead or will it be ok to do it straight from your link?

and thanl you very much for your time in helping by the way

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, if it is a different model then download those please.

Let me know the results please