Sudipto
Sudipto, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

My toshiba notebook keeps saying reboot andcselect proper boot

Customer Question

My toshiba notebook keeps saying reboot andcselect proper boot device
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name is XXXXX XXXXX today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Can you tell me the model no. of the laptop ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ZD1044068 IS SERIAL NUMBEF. ITS A SATELLITE NB10t-A-101

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Please power off and on the laptop and as soon as you see the Toshiba logo on the screen, look at the bottom of the logo for any option like Press Esc or F12 etc. let me know those options.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No option just comes straight up with reboot and select proper boot device or inserg boot media in selected boot device and press a key

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not recieved answer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No answer

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for replying you late, as you saying there is no option, that means you do not see the Toshiba logo, also ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I see the logo it flickers then goes to above message

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
The notebook Satellite NB10T-A-101 was equipped with an Intel N2810 CPU which is part of the new Intel Bay Trail-M platform.

This new Intel Bay Trail technology allows the installation of UEFI capable systems:
Win 8 or Win 8.1

Just few questions:
Did you already change the HDD to SSD drive?
If yes, is the new SSD drive recognized in the BIOS?
Did you try to boot from this Win 8.1 USB flash memory stick before you switched to SSD drive?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I did not change anything , I had windows update and pressed enter then left my laptop overnight

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Ok, now restart the laptop once more and as soon as you see the Toshiba logo, start tapping (pressing once will not help) the F12 key on the keyboard and let me know, what options do you get.

You may have to try more than one time to get the options, as you said the Toshiba logo just flickers for a sec.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Boot menu. Hdd/ssd. Usb..lan

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
OK select HDD and SSDand press enter then, let me know, what happens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Came up with same message

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
That is what, I am afraid off. Is this laptop, still under warranty (less than one year old) ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Nik for the confirmation, now the problem you are facing is very common with this model of laptop, this problem is caused due to BIOS and Windows 8 compatibility issues, that is why the laptop was unable to boot from the hard drive, even if you select the hard drive as the boot device.

The solution for this problem is flashing the BIOS with a updated version, now as the the laptop is still under warranty, I will recommend you to do that from Toshiba, because if something goes worng while updating the BIOS, at your home then, the laptop will be completely dead and the warranty will be void, so you will not get any replacment.

Now, as you are the owner, you have to decide, what you want to do and let me know.So, that I can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like toshiba to do it

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Nik for using our service.