IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

The Norton program was covering my laptop and my sons laptop,

The Norton program was covering my laptop and my sons laptop, however my son is receiving messages saying his computer protection has expired, as the protection covers both laptop and is paid for by automatically, why is he receiving these messages.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please check the status of the Norton subscription on both laptops by double-clicking the Norton icon and when it opens, check what is says for SUBSCRIPTION STATUS (usually located in the bottom left corner).

How many days are shown to have left on your laptop?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have checked, my laptop, subscription is valid until 2015.

My sons laptop is saying he is not protected and to renew his subscription.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
If the same product key was entered on your son's laptop as it was on yours, then this could be the program error.

Here is what you can do on your son's laptop:

1. If not already, just restart the computer and then see if there will be any changes

2. If not, double-click the Norton icon and near "Subscription ended" message, select Renew Now (Recommended) or any similar option

3. Click OK and Norton will connect to the activation server and re-check the subscription status. Once it does, it should detect valid subscription and automatically extend it to 2015, as it is on your laptop

4. If that doesn't happen, you will see a box where you can enter a product key - there enter your product used to register both laptops and Norton should recognize it as valid and extend the subscription

Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My sons laptop is still showing, "your subscription has expired.

Norton 360 is no longer protecting your PCs.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
OK, but there should be the "Renew" button that you can click in order for Norton to re-check the subscription or allow you to enter a product key.

Do you see such button?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I pressed the Renew button and entered the product key.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Good.

How did Norton respond?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still showing EXPIRED and Buy Now

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
In that case, Norton 360 will probably be needed to be re-installed, however I could check that by connecting to your son's laptop remotely. That way I could see the problem and solve it.

Would you like me to do that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Please

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

In order for me to connect, you need to download a remote desktop connection program to your son's laptop and start it.

We can use TeamViewer to securely establish remote desktop connection and exchange information. You will be able to see everything I am doing on your son's computer and you can terminate the remote connection any time.

Please click on the link below to download TeamViewer QuickSupport program:
http://tinyurl.com/it-miro-teamviewer

Once you have downloaded it, start it and permit the connection. When started, the blue TeamViewer window will show you access numbers – Your ID and Password.

Send that information to me here so that I can securely connect to your son's computer. You can then minimize the TeamViewer window (do not exit it).

Thanks,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Team Viewer

Your ID 561 229 307

Password *****

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
For some reason, I cannot connect.

Please make sure that you have an active Internet connection there. If you do, please exit and re-start TeamViewer, and then type here ID and Password *****

Thanks,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have now got remote control on my sons computer it has given an ID and Password ***** is asking for Partner ID

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Well, I need to know that ID and Password ***** see there since I will be connecting to that computer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ID 561 334 923

Password *****

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Has the computer restarted?

I didn't automatically reconnect, so please start TeamViewer again and let me know ID and Password.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.
Or, since I have uninstalled Norton 360 from your son's computer, you can now go ahead and install Norton Internet Security.

There should be an installer file on your son's computer so double-click it in order to download and install Norton Internet Security. If that doesn't work, you can download it using THIS LINK.

Use your product key that was saved on your son's desktop and Norton Internet Security should work with no problems.

If you require further assistance, let me know.

Regards,
IT Miro