Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Hi there, I have a samsung 7 series 3d tv and the internet

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a samsung 7 series 3d tv and the internet section works fine. I want to connect my laptop (Toshiba) to the tv to cast photographs or videos. How can I do this action please?
I have both my tv and my laptop connected to wifi and router and both working fine. I just can not understand how to get the laptop and tv connected?
Thanks Trevor
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Trevor! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you trying to show photos/videos from the laptop to the TV?

What's the model of your laptop? Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Have you connected the laptop to the TV with a cable yet?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Viet,

I want my laptop to be connected to the tv via wireless so I can cast a UK TV show. I can open up the website on my laptop and all works great but I am struggling to use my TV via the laptop.

My laptop is a Toshiba Portege Ultrabook and its got windows 7 with Core i3 with 4 Gig memory, if you need more info let me know?

I have in the past connected another laptop to the tv direct via the pc connection and a single pin to get audio and it works fine but it is too much hassle and I don't like having the laptop so close to the tv so that is why I want to get my laptop and tv talking to each other so I can stream the uk tv shows. I also have a chromecast which I can use if that helps?

Trevor

I'm sorry, normally, you would connect a cable from the laptop (or desktop) to the TV in order to display what on the computer to the TV. For wireless display connection, you would need a wireless device, like the Veebeam HD:

http://www.amazon.com/Veebeam-HD-Wireless-link-1080p/dp/B004CZ9U96/

Note: Chromecast is only for TV, not for laptop; with Chromecast, you are limited to whatever apps it provides:

http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/chrome/devices/chromecast/apps.html

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Viet,

I've had my laptop talking to my SMART tv via wifi and without a wire connection. We sat and watched a video last night. So as such, your response in my mind was not aligned to an expert.

STOP SENDING SO MANY EMAILS INTO MY ACCOUNT TO.

I'm sorry, as far as I know, you need a special device in order to connect the laptop to the Smart TV via wireless connection (as you can see, there are PC to TV wireless devices being sold.) But I'm glad you got it working now. If you don't mind, did you use any device (or app or program)? We're canceling this as you've resolved the issue yourself. If you need anything else, please let me know. Thank you for the update.