Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have tried to log into my aspire this morning and I am not

I have tried to log into my aspire this morning and I am not getting the Acer log in page appearing I just have a blank screen. The mouse seems to be active but I am unable to do anything. Also tried f8 for safe mode but that is not working either
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Viet - Computer Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Computer Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Does your Acer aspire computer have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8? Can you press at the same time the 3 keys Ctrl, Alt, Del and let me know if you see anything?

Customer:

Control alt and delete does not work

Customer:

Windows 8

Viet - Computer Tech :

Pressing at the same time the 3 keys, Ctrl, Alt, Del does not show anything on the screen?

Customer:

No stays a blank screen

Viet - Computer Tech :

What's the model of your Acer aspire computer?

Customer:

Aspire s7 391

Viet - Computer Tech :

Press & hold the power on/off button on the laptop for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on, then do you see windows 8 start loading before going to blank screen?

Customer:

Yes that has worked. Thank you. I am also a long standing computer professional and this one had me stumped. The old methods look like they are still the best. Can I ask what caused this to happen?

Viet - Computer Tech :

You're welcome. Great. Sometimes windows memory gets full / corrupted when using

Viet - Computer Tech :

so you just need to power off completely by holding the power button

Viet - Computer Tech :

then when you turn it back on memory is fresh

Customer:

Right I see. Thank you very much for your time. Hotel rooms are not the best places to be troubleshooting laptop issues :)

Viet - Computer Tech :

You're welcome. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit / OK when it shows up. Thank you,