John
John, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

On a Acer Aspire E1-572 when it is switched on all we are getting

On a Acer Aspire E1-572 when it is switched on all we are getting is the acer logo and then a blank screen with the cursor showing.None of the keys do anything.Yesterday the AVG security was purchased and firewall was enabled and microsoft home and student office licence purchased.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help you.

John :

Sir/Ma’am thank you for joining the chat.
Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8 or any other?

Customer:

Windows 8

John :

Does the screen goes blank after windows login screen or before even windows 8 loading screen ?

Customer:

The screen goes blank before the windows 8 loading screen.

John :

Thank you for the details.This can cause due to hardware failure but before jumping into such conclusions shall we try some troubleshooting and see if it can be fixed?

John :

How old is this laptop ?
Before this problem did the system show any low performance or other performance issues like freezing etc?

Customer:

Around two months old and has shown no other problems.

John :

OK did this laptop came windows 8 pre-installed or did you upgrade it to windows 8?

Customer:

Windows 8 was pre installed.

John :

OK one moment please

John :

Please try the following

Turn off the laptop completely and disconnect the AC adapter. Remove the battery and press and hold the power button for about 60 seconds. Releases the button do not insert the battery back now plug the adapter back and turn on the computer. See if the problem persists.

John :

have you tried the above instruction?

Customer:

Yes no change

Customer:

Hang on ive got something.

John :

OK let me know

Customer:

Back ground photo correct date and time no battery symbol and wireless internet indicator.

John :

OK you are in windows 8 desktop now am i correct ?

John :

I believe the battery is out of the laptop am i correct ?

Customer:

yes

John :

can you open applications and browse web pages?

Customer:

no

John :

you mean you cannot open webpages?

Customer:

no i just have the screen photo no shortcut icons.

John :

press CTRL+ALT+DEL then select start task manager,see if that opens task manager window?

Customer:

Password ***** just appeared i entered the

John :

OK it seems like the system is slow and that is why it took so much time to show login screen

Customer:

password and it seems now to be working correctly.

John :

Good, have you checked whether you can open applications and internet pages?

Customer:

doing that now

John :

OK please check it and let me know

Customer:

It seems to be ok. Should i now turn it off and replace the battery and then try it?

John :

Yes please

John :

and let me know how it goes

Customer:

Seems to be starting up alright now.Thankyou very much.

John :

You are welcome,Is there anything else you like to know?

Customer:

No thanks.

John :

You are welcome.
Please rate me using the options just below this box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Customer:

I will.

John :