Shefin
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I am unable to get my Epsom XP 305 to scan.It will print and

I am unable to get my Epsom XP 305 to scan.It will print and 'photocopy' but when i ask it to scan I get ..... A problem caused program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available........nothing...the man in PC world said it is probably a windows problem very frustrating.!
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.
Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

I apologize that I did not get you on chat. However, I can assist you further in Question and Answer mode.

Please let me know the operating system (E.g. Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7 or click here to know the operating system) and connection type (USB or wireless), so that I can assist you better.

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My system is Windows 7 and i connect to the printer with a usb cable

Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

Try scanning using the following method and let me know the result.

1. Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.
  2. Click Scan at the bottom of the left pane.

3. On the toolbar, click New Scan.

4. In the New Scan dialog box, click the Profile list, and then choose Photos/Documents. The default settings for scanning a document, which you can use or change, are automatically displayed.

5. To see how your document will appear when scanned, click Preview.

6. Click Scan.

S H E F I N