Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Tapping the Microsoft key on our acer laptop will not bring

Customer Question

Tapping the Microsoft key on our acer laptop will not bring up the main menu
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does your Acer laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Was the Microsoft / Windows key working previously?

If you click on the windows logo icon at the upper left corner, does it work?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Windows 8. Yes. Don't know which icon you mean.
Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean by a remote support session?
I can connect remotely to your computer and fix the issue directly on your computer together with you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok try it
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d202ec3e-8de8-4bad-88cc-7b5b4de9be34

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am contacting you on my ipad as we cannot get anywhere on the acer - do you want to connect to the ipad?
Sorry, can you press & hold the power on/off button on the Acer laptop for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No , have just tried it twice and exactly the same - it opens on the 'rainbow' screen with the time and date and pressing the Microsoft key does not access 'start' screen. Thanks for trying - giving up now.

I'm sorry. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. We can continue whenever you are available. What's the model of your Acer laptop?

Can you use your touchpad/mousepad or mouse to click on anywhere on the laptop's screen in order for it to show the login screen?

(If needed, plug in a USB mouse to the laptop, then use the mouse to click anywhere on the screen, and check.)

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,