Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I can repair laptop hardware as well as softwware.
29701876

Acer 5733 when starting up Acer screen spears then goes to

Customer Question

Acer 5733 when starting up Acer screen spears then goes to black screen is their a fix I could do or does it nred to go to expert . Thanks . Andy.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Do you see a blinking cursor on the screen ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi yes a blinking curser appears in top left of screen but only for a few seconds. Have also been told to press ALT and f 10 together to get recovery screen up but it wont do anything else from their.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for replying you later, as I was offline. Can you tell me, if there is any external device attached with the PC or not, like hard drive, flash drive or any printer etc. ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Their is a wireless printer but this is normally switch off when not in use it is a Epsom

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Did you get the recovery screen ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes got recovery screen but laptop will not do anything on recovery screen

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
What exactly you did on the recovery screen, to restore the PC ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On screen. Edit boot options

Edit Windows boot options for: Windows setup

Path:\Windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

[ /MINIT/REDIRECT RDIMAGEOFFSET=8192 RDIMAGELENGTH=3161088 RDPATH=multi(o)disk(o)disk(o)partition(1)\sources\boot.wim

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, that is not a recovery window, the recovery window look like the image below.

//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_1.bp.blogspot.com/_IAt9yzuZmpU/Si0jPAb1hlI/AAAAAAAAAL0/H4zWJAa0sqU/s320%252Frecovery_acer.jpg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No don't get that

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
When you press the ALT+F10 keys, do you see this..

Path:\Windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

and nothing else ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that is all I see

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the recovery partition is also corrupt or the path to that is corrupt, in this case, you will need a recovery disc from Acer to reset your laptop. If you like then, I can give you the steps to get the recovery disc from Acer. You may only have to pay the shipping charges for the disc.