Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

hi i seem to be having trouble turning on my laptop using wifi

hi i seem to be having trouble turning on my laptop using wifi please help
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Tommy! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your samsung laptop (check at the bottom of the laptop)?

Can you confirm it has windows 7?

If you test connecting an Ethernet/network cable from your samsung laptop to your modem, does internet work with cable connection on the samsung laptop?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry forgot say it is windows 7

Can you click on the wireless/network icon at the bottom right of the samsung laptop, then let me know what it shows?

If possible, can you test connecting an Ethernet/network cable from your samsung laptop to your modem, does internet work with cable connection on the samsung laptop?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
can you please respond to me
Hi Tommy,

I'm still here, working with you. Did you see my last reply/questions:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when i clicked on the icon it showed no connections are available when i tried with the ethernet cable it didnt work either

Can you click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, check?

If needed, can you click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device manager, then click on the + (plus) sign in front of Network adapters , then let me know all the items under Network adapters, and let me know if there is any problematic / yellow item there in Device Manager.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry again the yellow triangle/ warning sign is on the Atheros AR9285 wireless network adapter

Sorry, you did try to do a system restore right?

Do you see any other adapter?

Can you click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device manager, then click on the + (plus) sign in front of Network adapters and right-click on each of the items under it and click on Uninstall and confirm (but don't check the box to delete the driver if shown). Then restart the computer, and it will automatically reinstall, and check?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it will not respond when i try to right click on computer nothing is happening what do i do now
Please restart the laptop, then click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then see if it shows a popup menu. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

before i do that it has popped up that marvell yukon is ready to use

network controller failed do i still need to restart or what

Yes, just restart, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok just restarted seem to have lost the Atheros wireless network adapter what do i do to get it back

You did not check the box to delete the driver right?

What's the model of your samsung laptop (check at the bottom of the laptop)?

What are the items you see in Network adapters?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i did not check the box to delete

the samsung model is s3510

Marvell yukon 88E8040 family pci-e fast internet control is now the only icon in the network adapters

Do you see any problematic/yellow item in Device Manager?

Can you connect the Ethernet/network cable again from the modem to the laptop to see if internet is working with cable connection?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

like i said earlier there was a yellow / triangle sign on the Atheros wireless network adapter i will try the ethernet cable again now

You said previously, but then you said it's missing, how about now?

If internet does not work with ethernet cable, can you do the following:

- Make sure ethernet cable is connected to laptop

, then click on Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt...

, then type ipconfig then press Enter key

, then tell me the IP address and Default gateway if shown (scroll up as needed)

, then type ping google.com then press Enter key

, then tell me the result.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the internet is working with the ethernet cable what do i do now to be able to use the internet using wifi

That's good. You said you have lost the Atheros wireless network adapter. Or there is a yellow / triangle sign on the Atheros wireless network adapter?

Please check in Device Manager to confirm. Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just checked again and don't seem to be able to get past right clicking network adapters to see if the Atheros wireless network adapter icon is back when i right click network adapters nothing happens

You don't right-click on Network adapters. Close it, then:

Click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage,
, then see if there is any problematic/yellow item there

, then double-click on Network adapters, then let me know all the item(s) under network adapters.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Marvell Yukon 88E8040 family pci-e fast ethernet controller

other devices

processors

sound video and game controllers

system devices

universal serial bus controllers

that is everything under network adapters

what do i do now

What do you see under other devices (double-click on other devices if needed)?

(Don't tell me these again: processors, sound video and game controllers, system devices, universal serial bus controllers.)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

network controller

Thank you. Can you check at the back/bottom for the full model, such as NP-S3510I (NP-S3510-A04UK)?

Can you click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Properties, then check if your System type: is 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

np-s3510-a02uk

64 bit

Thank you. Can you download and install the wireless driver at the website below and check?

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/DR/201109/20110923143514140/WLAN_Atheros_64bit_8.0.0.376.ZIP

Or use this shorter website:

www.tinyurl.com/muejg9c

(Reference: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP-S3510-A02UK)

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it keeps telling me that page is not available what do i do now

Sorry, are you able to go to your email on the samsung laptop in order to open an email message from me (Viet / JustAnswer) on the Samsung laptop?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In mail now

Great, open my email message on the samung laptop, then click on View response, then click on the website below to download:

(Don't type, but click on it.) Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did that its showing twice what do i do now

Did it let you download the file WLAN_Atheros_64bit_8.0.0.376.ZIP? If yes, can you open it to install? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its saying its downloaded but it is not showing in the network adapter

After downloading it, did you open it in order to install it? Open setup.exe file. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

setup exe is not coming up on it

Sorry. Do you see the downloaded file WLAN_Atheros_64bit_8.0.0.376.ZIP?

Can I connect remotely to your samsung laptop, so I can fix the wireless issue directly on your samsung laptop together with you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes how do you do that

On the samsung laptop, please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c40fa151-cf15-4908-962a-69db637ce369

, or click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/nmr5e5q

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run when prompted.

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.

Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.