Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

my Acer laptop keeps bringing this message: Network Boot-TPU4:

my Acer laptop keeps bringing this message: Network Boot-TPU4: B8-88-E3-55-56-FA boot failed, after this I cannot get anywhere and have to force the shut down
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there,

Pete :

This can occur if the boot files on your hard disk have got damaged, or the hard disk itself has a fault.

Pete :

When the computer is unable to locate the boot files on the hard disk, it starts to look for the files on the next available source - in this case, a network.

Pete :

If you insert a Windows boot disc, it should allow you to run a recovery and repair the damaged boot files on the computer, as long as the hard drive itself has not failed.

Pete :

If you don't have the original Windows boot disc that came with your computer, you can use any Windows installation disc borrowed from a friend or elsewhere, as long as it is for the same version of Windows as is installed on your laptop.

Customer:

Hi Pete,

Customer:

thank you for your reply. How to find out if the hard drive is damaged?

Pete :

You will need to use the recovery disk and attempt to repair the disc.

Pete :

If it is not repairable, then it is damaged.

Pete :

Do you have any further questions?

Customer:

Thank you Pete.