Hello Bill! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.I'm sorry about the issue. Does an original CD or DVD disk, like a printer software cd disk or a music / video disk?If you click on Start, then click on Computer, then do you see the cd/dvd drive letter there (along with the hard drive C: drive letter)?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
dvd rw drive d
I have this but when I click on it its content NOT from the inserted photo cd
doesn;t work also with normal pre recorded dvd just tried
hi there can you give me some tips without accessing my comp from your end...much appreciated
You're welcome. Yes, I can.
- Please try this first: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then check.
- If that does not work, please download and run the Microsoft Fix It program at the website below, and check; restart the computer if needed:
- If that still does not work, please download and run the file cdgone.reg at the website below:
, and confirm it to run/merge
, then restart the computer, and check.
- If needed, click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device manager, then click on the + (plus) sign in front of item DVD/CD-ROM drives and right-click on the item(s) under it and click on Uninstall and confirm Yes (but don't check the box to delete the driver if shown). Then restart the computer, and it will automatically reinstall, then check.
- Try original, different cd/dvd disks, such as a software disk or a printer cd disk or a music disk or video disk, etc.
Please let me know. Thank you,