Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

i have a samsung touchscreen laptop and the mouse has completely

Customer Question

i have a samsung touchscreen laptop and the mouse has completely disappeared from view...what can i try please?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Samsung touchscreen laptop?

Have you tried to power off the laptop, then turn it back on and check?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its a samsung 880Z touchscreen laptop, about a year old. have tried to power off and on, mouse still not there

The full model is NP880Z5E, or something else? You can check at the bottom of the laptop.

Does it have windows 7 or 8, etc.?

When did this issue first occur?

Have you tried to do a system restore?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, that is the model. i have windows 8.1 and the issue occurred today. i havent tried a system restore....i dont want to lose any data

System restore does not affect data, so don't worry. Can you try system restore now? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will it effect my emails or word/excel documents?

If not, please explain how to do it, thanks

You're welcome. System does affect your documents, emails, photos, etc. Please try the following:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

2. Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.

3. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.

4. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions to restore the computer to before this issue first occurred, and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry, please confirm. Restarting system does or does not affect documents, emails etc...?

Sorry, I confirm that System Restore does not affect data, such as documents, emails, photos, etc.

- If that does not work, can you download and install / run the Software Update tool at the website below and check:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201410/20141023132713639/SWUpdate_2.2.1.0.ZIP

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP880Z5E-X01UB

- If needed, go to Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update, then check for updates, then install all updates, including optional updates.

- If needed, go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Tablet PC Settings, then click on Setup..., and follow the steps there to configure the touch display.

- If all fails, please back up your data/files, i.e., documents, photos, etc., to a USB drive, then run the recovery process: At the Start screen mode, type Recovery, then Select the Recovery option, and continue. Full instructions:

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=415754&modelname=NP350V5C&modelcode=&session_id=JWqTGTm4fHKkzJkrmXLF7xf5q510hGK7TxJC19LQwCyWmyV2PThT%21-1705184207%21789806170%211419143822737&from_osc=&homeid=44969

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,