Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I am a self-employed computer specialist with 6 years experience as a network engineer for the federal government.
76287196

I have an Apple Air, bought in 2010. It's hard drive has just

Customer Question

I have an Apple Air, bought in 2010. It's hard drive has just crashed, but it has had only light use, never been dropped and is in immaculate condition. Is it worth getting a new hard drive fitted, or should I just bite the bullet and buy a new one.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. My goal is to provide professional advice and excellent customer service.

JoelK :

If you replace your hard drive at some expense, say $150.00, you will not be able to upgrade your operating system, and you are forgoing around $75.00 for a trade-in. Your MacBook is about four to five years old, and the latest operating system requires a MacBook Air 2012 or later. Furthermore, you will not be able to get any support from Apple for your OSX Snow Leopard.

JoelK :

I recommend that you scrap it and get a new one.

JoelK :

If you are still having problems, or if you have any questions, please let me know.

IF I HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, I WOULD APPRECIATE A GOOD OR AN EXCELLENT RATING. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.