Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

my toshiba innovation satellight c55d-a-14w i recently

Customer Question

my toshiba innovation satellight c55d-a-14w i recently had my harddrive changed due to it being faulty and i opted to have windows 7 installed now i cannot get the webcam to work can you tell me how i can resolve this problem
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Santonu replied 2 years ago.

First we need to check if the webcam drivers are installed or not. For that, click Start, right click Computer, click Manage

Click Continue if prompted

Then click Device Manager in the left pane, on the right pane, you will see a list of devices.

Look for Imaging devices. If the webcam drivers are installed it will be listed under Imaging devices (you wll need to click on the small arrow symbol next to Imaging devices)

Here is an example:

graphic

In your system, the name of the listed webcam will be different. Let me know if the webcam is listed OR you see an ! or ? mark next to it